Friday, October 12, 2018

Finished Quilts-Star Quilt

During the months in Iowa that gardening is an indoor thing, I've been spending time trying to improve my quilting skills.  I belong to the local quilt guild and have been trying to complete some of their challenges, but I'm focusing today on a quilt that I finished.
Star Tooth Quilt with my ever helpful Ellie

I had been holding on to some Robert Kaufman "Tuscan Wild" fat quarters that I had purchased and finally found my inspiration from a quilt made by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter and at this link. Star Tooth Quilt.



I had made a few extra blocks and had some additional pieces from the stars.  I like to use some of the "extras" on the back of my quilts to add interest and to help keep the "scrap" bins from filling up so fast.


Cindy Lou quilted it for me using a butterfly pattern to go with the butterflies in the fabric used in the blocks.  After many months of working in the garden, I was finally able to spend the time sewing and finished the binding.  Now that I've pictured and shared it is ready for use.  

No comments: